2014 PDA Europe Conference on “Outsourcing/Contract Manufacturing” in Berlin
On December 2-3 the Parenteral Drug Association (PDA) held a conference on “Outsourcing/Contract Manufacturing” in the heart of Berlin.
Two team members represented KVALITO at the discussions about the focal question:
“Is Outsourcing your weakest link?”
Besides the KVALITO team members from Switzerland and Germany, many global actors from all parts of the value chain and its institutional environment participated. From major pharma companies, for instance, Pfizer, Baxter, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, F. Hoffmann-La Roche as well as many other innovative players from the industry took part.
After a brilliant key note presentation by Fi Alonso-Caplen of Pfizer on “Outsourcing in the 21st Century: “Partnersourcing” and Beyond” which discussed inter alia smart approaches to vendor screening, the sessions began. The foci of those were
- “General Trends in Outsourcing”,
- a “Regulatory Update”,
- “CMO Interest Group – Round Table Discussions”,
- “Outsourcing – Moving the Project Forward”, and
- “Customized Solutions”.
Furthermore, it included numerous impressive presentations such as, to name but a few,
- “Business Models in the Pharmaceutical Industry” by Siegfried Schmitt of PAREXEL,
- “Biopharmaceutical Outsourcing – Market, Trends and Success Criteria” by Philine Dobberthien of Boehringer Ingelheim, and
- “Risk Management and Quality Culture” by Karen Ginsbury of PCI Pharma.
The engaged contributions by the speakers, moderators, and facilitators allowed for many interesting discussions to flourish during the sessions and receptions and made the event a great success.
For more information about this conference please visit their website.
Comments are closed