KvalitoCode of Conduct
KVALITO Legal & Compliance. May 2016
KVALITO Consulting Group Code of Conduct is based on the UN Global Compact Principles as listed below.
The Ten UN Global Compact Principles
The UN, Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anticorruption enjoy universal consensus and are derlived from:
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- The International Labour Organization’s Dedaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
- The Rio Declaration on Environment and Development
- The United Nations Convention Against Corruption
The UN Global Compact asks companies to embrace, support and enact, within their sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment and anti-corruption:
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effecnve recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
KVALITO Code of Conduct describes the right behavior towards our clients, associates, and society at large.
Working for a life science consultancy is connected with major challenges. Professionals in this sector have to make critical decisions every day.
We believe that ethical behavior is crucial to our reputation, therefore KVALITO Code of Conduct applies to all of us – KVALITO employees, partners and managers at all levels of the organization.
Our Code of Conduct is intended to serve as a policy for ethical behavior for making proper decisions in varying situations.
Towards our clients
- We will always work in ine with proven methodologies and policies.
- Our work will be performed with integrity and competence, to create outcomes that add mutual value, and allow us to build a sound relationship to our cllients.
- We will always act in the best interests of our clients and disclose any conflicts.
- Personal interests must not stand in front of our business judgments or decisions.
- Client information will be handled confidential, and not handed over to third parties without permission.
- Relevant data protection laws will be respected.
Towards our Associates
- We encourage and celebrate diversity. Therefore, we expect that every individual will be treated fairly, equally, and with respect, regardlless of his or her nationalty, gender, age, religion, or ethnicity.
- Each KVALITO associate will only be assigned to engagements corresponding to his professional competence.
- We will support the advancement of our staff, so they can continue to develop professionally. Each KVALITO associate is required to act professionally and independently, within the best interest of the client.
- We do not accept any form of bribery or corruption.
- Every human shall be treated with respect and dignity.
- Our acting shall not have a negative impact on the human rights as defined in the United Nations Bill of Rights.
- We do not accept any form of harassment or abuse, and we do not violate applicable law.
- KVALITO would like to make a contribution o preserving, protecting, and improving the environment, and therefore supports environmental organizations.
- We also welcome our employees’ social commitments.